Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Nancy Lane, Columbus, Ohio

I was born in 1962 and from 1962-1964 I lived on Nancy Lane in Columbus, Ohio.  My mom, Pam and father, Marty and half-brother Drew and half-sister Karen.  I remember being put on the back of a bike and taken to Lawsons (where the juice rushes in and they pour it out!).  We had a live-in housekeeper, Sadie, who I spent alot of time with.  It was on Nancy Lane that I was playing on my swingset out back and water had collected underneath.  It was a great place for frogs but after my scary first encounter with such I ran inside to grab Sadie, who was ironing.  The iron somehow fell on my right hand.  That I don't luckily remember too much but still have the scars from that day.  My parents divorced after that time period.  My mother moved to Dayton with Drew and Karen.  I stayed with my father.  Here the story begins.

2 comments:

  1. Are you Lori Mellman formerly of Columbus, Ohio?
    Do you have a sister Debbie Mellman? And did your father grow up in Bexley?

    Pam Spurgeon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori,How the hell are you!!!! I've been telling my husband about you for 30 years!! Then one day I googled you and found your blog about Columbus and about Frisch's!!I I was laughing so hard because I'm always telling my kids about my first job at Frisch's ( remember that crazy girl coming after you with a knife!!) I've been looking you up since we moved back to Columbus 20 years ago!!!We lived in Reynoldsburg for years and I had 4 kids in 4 years. So I was really busy with a set of twin girls and 2 boys!! So if that wasn't enough I had 2 more(one when I was 43.) Then we bought a house in Galloway 11 years ago- past Westland!! Then my daughter got a scholarship to Capital and I would always think about you when we go up Main st.(remember that little red brick apt' you had and when you worked at Pizza Hut!!!) We always go by the Top and I always think about going out with my parents and listening to Sonia Modes and singing at the Kahiki (I miss that place more than anything!!) My mom lived off Sheridan in Bexley till she died 3 years ago,and Anne was living in Fl. in a homeless shelter. I probably would have helped her, but she started lying to me (she told Epstein funeral home that she called me and told me my mom had died when she had never called me!!!) I had the Heratage House call me 3 days after she died!! So I finally got in her apt. after Anne kept me out!! She's crazy!!! We just picked her up 3 months ago because even though we paid for her funeral Anne wouldn't release her body!!! My mom was clear with what she wanted-Anne called Epstein 's so much they finally called me and told me I could get her!!They think she's nuts Well ,last week my little Capital girl had a baby!! I tried to talk her out of it,but they had the baby. I remember all the fun acid trips that we did , Remember the time you locked your keys in your car and we went to a Wyandotte party and then tripped all night in the grass behind my parents apt.!!! Whatever happen to Bill Moore?I'm taking a little bong hit as they cancel school since it is -9!! My 2 kids have been off so much!!Lucky you in the sun!!!I'm really glad I finally found you after all these years-I love you cousin!!!! Well I've been typing for two hours I really want to find out what you have been up to!!! I broke my foot last year and I am home all the time while it heals!!!Message me back!!!Love Lisa Rinkov Wul

    ReplyDelete